White Bean-Cauliflower Mash
1 tbsp olive oil
2 medium size leeks, ends trimmed
1 tsp Kosher salt
2 tbsp water
8 oz cauliflower florets
6 cups cooked white beans
Ground black pepper, to taste
1-1/2 cups fat free, low sodium vegetable or chicken broth
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Meanwhile, halve leeks lengthwise
then cut crosswise into thin, 1/4 inch half moon shapes.
2. When oil shimmers, add leeks, season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
3. Add 2 tbsp of water to the pan and using a spatula scrape up the golden bits. Cook for
another 1 to 2 minutes and set aside.
4. Meanwhile, place an inch of water in a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer over
medium high heat. Place cauliflower in a steam basket and nest in pot. Cover and steam
until fork tender, about 5 minutes. Remove and set aside to cool slightly.
5. Combine leeks, cauliflower and beans in a food processor and puree until smooth.
Add broth and chives and puree until smooth, scraping down sides as needed.
Serve warm or at room temperature.
Yield: 18 Servings
Serving Size: 1/3 cup per serving
WW Plus+ = 2 per serving
Calories 100, Carbohydrates 17 g, Fat 1 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 6 g
WW Plus+ = 2